Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Penne, Ham and Garlic

I had bought two slices of ham and was thinking about how to use them when a packet of penne dried pasta fell from a shelf in the kitchen. And as I had recently brought garlic back from France and found butter that I particularly liked, this simple dish was born (to me anyway, though I’m sure its like is universally enjoyed).


PENNE, HAM AND GARLIC

You will need:

Penne

Ham

Garlic

Butter

Salt

As the penne is boiling for its 20 minutes, cut the ham into small squares. Have a large clove of garlic ready in the press and a good lump of butter softening outside the refrigerator.

Strain the cooked penne and return it to the saucepan. Add the lump of butter and press in the garlic. Add the ham pieces and salt to taste. Stir until the butter has melted. Serve.

All this will have taken less than 30 minutes.



No comments: